"WE WHO ARE OF ROYAL BLOOD MAY NOT FOLLOW THE WISHES OF OUR HEARTS"

giovedì 28 luglio 2011

a sentence that made my day

[the origami frog I found on the train few days ago.. what a nice surprise!]

[eng]
My job is not as easy as you can think. Most of the turists are rude and anxious but I always try to be polite and patient. Many of them don't even say "goodmorning" or "hello" and I'd like to reply "hey, I'm a human being, not a robot, why don't you just say hello?".
But sometimes I meet some really nice people. Today some people from Denmark came close to me and said "we have been looking at you for a while and we just want to say that you are very good at doing your job.. and your italian is very good as well!".
This sentence simply made my day.

[ita]
Il mio lavoro non è facile come si può pensare. La maggior parte dei turisti è scortese e impaziente ma cerco sempre di essere gentile e fingo di non notare la loro maleducazione. Molti non hanno nemmeno la compiacenza di salutare quando mi interpellano e io vorrei tanto rispondere "hey, sono un essere umano, non un robot, perchè non mi degni nemmeno di un ciao?".
Ma qualche volta incontro delle persone veramente gentili e simpatiche. Oggi alcune persone dalla Danimarca si sono avvicinate e mi hanno detto "è un po' che ti osserviamo e volevamo solo dirti che sei veramente brava a fare il tuo lavoro.. e poi parli benissimo italiano!".
Questa frase ha improvvisamente dato un senso ad una giornata (fino ad allora) veramente pesante.

4 commenti:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah ha detto...

Oh... I will be one of those very polite tourist you ever know !!!

siberja ha detto...

@wong: thanks Wong, I know you are a kind person :)

Brunette Juice ha detto...

love origami :)) like your blog..

wanna follow me? please? :)

www.thebrunettejuice.blogspot.com

Gringo ha detto...

Hi Siberja, The nice things are always remembered long after the negative ones had long been forgotten....I hope you meet many more sensitive people!
Have a nice day!